Stoke Park School is a member of The Futures Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, a limited company and a charitable company registered in England and Wales. The trust's company number is 8678162. Stoke Park School and The Futures Trust is authorised by The Secretary of State for Education and regulated by The Department of Education. The company is bound by the provisions of its Funding Agreement and the Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2010.
The MAT is one legal entity, a charitable company limited by guarantee.
There are three levels of Governance:
1. Members, who agree articles which define the charitable purpose and how the MAT will run, appoint Trustees and remove if necessary, sign off company accounts and annual report and hold the Board of Trustees to account.
2. A Board of Trustees (Directors) who have ultimate responsibility for running each academy and will deal with the strategic running of the MAT. The Board delegates day-to-day running of each academy to a Local Governing Body (LGB). The level of delegation can be different for each academy. Accountability always remains with the Board of Trustees.
3. A Local Governing Body who have powers delegated by the Board of Trustees to oversee the day to day running of each academy.
Annual funding is allocated to each academy on an individual basis. The MAT is a single employer, sharing procurement and resources across the group.
The Futures Trust Members
- Ms Christine Assheton
- Mrs K Ireland
- Rev A Randle-Bissell
- Mr D Wood
- Mr N Coupland
The Futures Trust Board of Trustees
- Ms Christine Assheton (Chair of the Board of Trustees)
- Mr P Crisp
- Ms K Morris
- Mr M Moseley
- Mr P Weston
- Mrs P Heer
- Mr P Thomas, CEO
- Mr D Loudon
- Mrs C Blair, Co-opted Trustee
- Ms E Tomlinson
- Ms C Assheton
Local Governing Body
- Mr J Phillips (Chair)
- Mr S McFadden
- Mrs S Rooke
- Mrs J Durkin
- Mrs L Gadsby
- Mr I Dunn
- Mrs S Edwards
- Mr E Lawrence
- Mr P J Thomas
- Miss N Rock, Head of School
- Miss L Kennedy
The Chair of the LGB can be contacted via the Head teacher’s PA, Sally Allen-Moore, email@example.com
The Futures Trust’s Register of Interests captures relevant business and pecuniary interests of members, trustees and local governors of academies within the Multi-Academy Trust.
In order to set up The Futures Trust, a number of legal documents are put in place between the Trustees and The Secretary of State for Education.
A copy of the school's Supplementary Funding Agreement can be found below.
Other legal documents can be found on the Trust's website at www.thefuturestrust.org.uk
The Trust's Registered Office is:
President Kennedy School
Tel: 024 7666 1416